DPA Travel and Purchasing Policies

General information on business travel can be found at the following link:


DPA faculty and staff with approved funding for travel may book travel using a personal credit card and request reimbursement after the trip is completed. Travel may also be booked on a UI PCard. Faculty and staff who do not already have a PCard should contact Michelle Worrell to request one. Individual travelers are responsible for complying with all UI travel policies. Please direct questions regarding travel to DPA shared services (Kelly Riessen):


ProTrav Trip in Self-Service

Trips are required to be created, submitted into workflow and approved in Self-Service prior to departure.  You can get access by logging into self-service and selecting the personal tab then clicking on the ‘Create New Trip’ under the ‘Travel’ section. Link to setting up a trip instructions:


In the funding section of your trip, select the box that says “no department funding” and you will not be required to fill out any account information.  The DPA Business Office will fill out this information when the form is submitted.

Guest Artists Accommodations/Travel

Special hotel rates for UI guests are at the link below. In order to receive the discounted rate, the reservation and payment must be made on a PCard by a UI employee. Faculty and staff with frequent guests should apply for a PCard to book hotels for them. Travel funds should be included in the guest honorarium so guests can arrange and book their own travel.


Purchases with other supply vendors

Amazon or other online vendors: If you do not have access to a PCard, send direct link of item you want to purchase to uss-music@uiowa.edu, uss-dance@uiowa.edu, uss-theatre@uiowa.edu or uss-dpa@uiowa.edu.  Include in your email the funding source. Faculty and staff making frequent purchases should apply for a UI PCard.

Payment of Invoices

Send invoices to uss-music@uiowa.edu, uss-dance@uiowa.edu, uss-theatre@uiowa.edu or uss-dpa@uiowa.edu along with your approved funding source. 

Funding Questions

Please contact Michelle Worrell when requesting fund balance information or expense reports.