- Undergraduate students pursuing a degree from the University of Iowa are eligible for the Certificate in Arts Entrepreneurship. We strongly recommend, but do not require, that certificate students pursue full majors in one of the arts disciplines.
- Students who already have earned a baccalaureate from the University of Iowa may return to complete or earn the certificate if they are not enrolled in a graduate or professional program.
- Holders of baccalaureate degrees from other institutions who are not enrolled in a graduate or professional program may enroll at the University of Iowa to complete the certificate.
- A minimum grade-point average of 2.00 must be maintained on all Certificate course work.
- Students may apply up to 9 s.h. of transfer credit towards the certificate, with approval of the arts entrepreneurship advisor.
- The Certificate must be declared at least two semesters prior to graduation/Certificate completion. Students may declare the Certificate on MyUI/Programs of Study.
- Courses from the Certificate in Arts Entrepreneurship may also satisfy major or minor requirements. However, students may not double-count courses to satisfy the Arts-Based Course Requirement with Arts Entrepreneurship courses registered under another department code.